Pages

Thursday, June 29, 2023

Textural Birthday

Welcome,
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog


I made this card some time ago, and have only just now got around to blogging it - thus I cannot tell you in detail the materials I used.... sorry.

The embossing folder is the Altenew 3D folder 'Gem'.  I ran an ink pad over the raised edges, and the rest of the colour was added using mica based sprays


The cup cake was a digi image I had printed three copies of.  I water coloured this one and fussy cut it,  adding the gems and some WoS to the icing.  It was mounted on foam dots.
The sentiment stamp was a magazine freebie from years ago, stamped in blue and clear embossed.


When I mounted the focal panel, I added some dark blue card under opposing corners, and some more gems - some old flat back adhesive rhinestones


In the oabove photo you can just see some of the sparkle this card has, and the dimension in mounting of the cupcake and sentiment banner


This inside was finished with some deep blue sparkle scotch tape.

I am linking this to:



16 comments:

Mariann Jakobsen said...

So beautiful done! Lovely crispy background, and I want to eat the cake LOL

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love the way you made the background and the dimensions of the cupcake! The blue card under opposing corners has been a good idea!

Ellibelle said...

What a great embossing folder, a perfect background for the cupcake! So nicely done!
Thanks so much for playing along at I spy with my little eye and my Crafty Wednesday challenge, too!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, this looks fabulous - that geometric background is great!

Cynthia said...

Great dimension and a festive background, Maxine. Thanks so much for sharing with Word Art Wednesday this week. Take Care!

HilaryJane said...

You don't need to apologise for not remembering, we all have that problem. It is a great birthday card. I love the background and the cupcake looks delicious xx

Gerrina said...

A real festive one with the sparkles! Great background in the warm colours! Hugs, Gerrina

jimlynn said...

So pretty and yes, it looks good enough to eat. Love the cupcake and that beautiful background.
Lynn

Jan Mahew said...

Love the razzamatazz, Maxine! THank you for sharing your Beautiful Birthday greeting with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Donna Walls said...

Great dimension with the embossing and popped up focal image. Wonderful card all around Maxine. Thanks for sharing and supporting the challenge at Jan's Digi Stamps.
Donna xx

Mia said...

Great texture on the background, Maxine. A lovely birthday card, my friend.
I also inform you that I added a video on my blog on how to use a komboloi. It is one of the most typical symbols of Greece’s easy-going mentality. If you want, come to watch it. Kisses!

creationsnz said...

Love that new embossing folder! It shows up beautifully the way you have defined it and to support your cupcake. CarolG

Brenda said...

What a cool and fun card Maxine! I thought that your background was a "cracked glass" technique background! But then I read your post and it wasn't. That embossing folder sure fooled me at first. LOL Love your fun cupcake too. Such a fun birthday card! Hugs, Brenda

Kristine said...

Cute birthday card with gems is sprinkles 🧁

Wendy Jackson said...

Such a fun card Maxine and lovely colouring …..I love the detail of that embossing folder

Thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday challenge at Digi Choosday !

Love and crafty hugs from

Wendy (DT)

Neet said...

What a fab background that embossing folder has made. Mind you I think the way you treated it with the ink pad and the sprays has a lot to do with how good it looks.
Great cupcake, with a jolly good idea using gems to decorate it with.
Blessings, Neet xx