Pages

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Stormy Weather and Torn Paper

Welcome

I was intending to post again before now, but the 'flu had other ideas... 
This was made before it attacked me, and it has been received.
It was made for the June challenge in our New Zealand Swap group, where we were challenged to use the torn paper sponging technique.  The sponged background was supposed to be monochrome, but I made an oops... 


I started by taping off the area I wanted to use, and after tearing some paper, brushed ink , working from the top down with the green, and then bottom up with the blue of the clouds, moving the paper around to add variety of 'shapes', and adding more or less ink to add further interest.


When I had finished the inking, I came to the conclusion that the sky looked rather stormy, so on the hills I added some trees and some brown to represent the slips and damage that  occurred in New Zealand earlier this year, some of which occurred due to deforestation of hills. 
In the foreground I stamped two trees from an old set I own, from a now defunct company.


The greeting was stamped in the same Over Coffee (Catherine Pooler) ink, and then clear embossed.  
It is a NBUS Hero Arts stamp  


I echoed the tree stamping on the insert,


and the envelope.

I am linking this to:

(Our summer was a summer of rain and storms here in New Zealand)


16 comments:

Cynthia said...

Wow, great torn paper scene, Maxine. Love the dimension. Hope you are feeling better! Thank you for sharing with Word Art Wednesday this week.

brenda said...

A very effective design Maxine, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful painting and love the card! Great idea thanks for the inspiration!

Linby said...

A lovely scene and an effective designto have on one side of the card. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

Dena J said...

Fantastic ink blending to create your sky and land. Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, this is absolutely gorgeous! Love the hillside scene and that it's just a panel/strip with lots of white space on your card. You've created a masterpiece here!

jimlynn said...

Very pretty! I love the scene you created and that gorgeous sky! WOW!
Lynn

HilaryJane said...

Sorry to hear you have been poorly. I am glad you have posted this one as it is very special. I love it, such a great country scene with a wonderful sky xx

Sarah said...

what an amazing inked scene! Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah DT

Irish Cherokee said...

Always love your creations. great colors. Very nicely done and every detail paid attention to. Excellent!

Hugs and Blessings

Gerrina said...

What a super scene! Great how you kept it CAS aswel! Hugs, Gerrina

Neet said...

Sorry to hear yu have had/got the flu. I do sincerely hope you are feeling much better now and that is why you got around to posting.
That is a lovely card, I do like the way the torn paper has given yu movement in your scenic card. The skyk is especially good and the green gives perspective to the ground. Lovely!
Hugs, Neet xx
ps in answer to your query - the cat/dog children have dog bodies but you can't see them as they are hiding behind Mrs Cat's skirt. They look more like mum than dad in the face. (tbh I don't have young dogs or I'd have mixed them up a bit)

Donna Walls said...

Hope you're feeling better and gained back your strength from that awful Flu. Your card is sweet, Thanks for joining us at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge. We look forward to seeing more of your projects soon.
Donna xx

The Style Fanatic said...

This is beautiful, sorry about your flu and hope you are feeling better.

Bernie,
The Style Fanatic

Carol W said...

WOW WOW WOW i love this card. You did an amazing job on it.

Brenda said...

Sorry I am behind once again Maxine! I hope by now you are feeling better and that nasty flu bug is gone! Your card is just beautiful! I love the slim scene you have created, that sky looks amazing as does the grass. Love the big, cute hello...that smiley face in the "O" is so cute. Hugs, Brenda