Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Anniversary Blues

Greetings to you all - I have been too long away from here :-)  I have been busy with the celebrations and entertaining guests, who are still here, but I made time to get into the studio this afternoon and get some cards made.




This was an easy card to make - I started with a mid-blue base, as I know the recipients like blue.  I then took a piece of white card-stock and sponged the edges with Brilliance 'Mediterranean Blue' ink, before stamping the top of the poppy from the Stampin' Up 'Oh So Lovely' set, using Memento Summer Sky ink, stamping several images from one inking of the stamp.


The butterflies from the Stampin' Up set Garden Whimsy had been stamped in white ink (Brilliance 'Moonlight') on a dark blue card-stock some months ago in a doodle moment, so I cut them out and tried them on the white.... they looked great, so after stamping and silver embossing the sentiment, I adhered them into position.  


The sentiment looked a bit lost, so I  sponged it with the darker blue ink,  wiped the ink off the embossing, and presto it could be seen!!


The other corner was finished with the ribbon before mounting the white onto the base.  Three half pearls in each corner added some panache, as did a small white half pearl on each butterfly head.


Thanks for calling by - I won't be back for a few days as we will be out gadding again this weekend, but hopefully early next week I can post again


Thank  you for your support and comments - both are greatly valued. 

3 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so pretty!! I love the butterflies and the grey and blue combo!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD Shining the light Challenge. Awesome take on our Spring challenge this week!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Ahhhhh, Maxine, what a fun butterfly card!!! You just have to know that absolutely love butterflies :D!! Thanks so much for taking the time to play along this week in our Shining the Light Challenge!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Maxine - this is lovely - I love the butterflies and the gorgeous shades of blue! Those pearls add so much - isn't it amazing how the smallest thing can bring a card to life - as my DD! says 'that's the way it rolls!' LOL! Lovely card Maxine - I am glad I finally got here to see it! Thanks for sharing - it is a pleasure to come and see you! {{{hugs}}}