Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Time for a new look..

Greetings to all my cyber-guests :-)



I have not actually made much in the past few days.... but thought I would share this card from a blitz a couple of weeks ago.



I started by playing with a new Cuttlebug embossing folder that I had - Flourished Frame.  I ran the white card through and liked the result, but thought I would emphasis the embossing by running a brayer over it loaded with Brillance Mediterranean Blue ink.  The embossing picked it up beautifully, and so did the plain areas in the background!  


Time for some lateral thinking, so I cut out the the embossed image and layered it onto the green base card.... it's amazing how quickly a card can 'change direction' during construction!!  


I then cut a small square of the same white card to fit the frame, and stamped the two Pukeko (Swamp hens) side by side using the stamp-a-ma-jig to line them up. Next I  coloured them with S.U. pencils and a blender pen, adhered them to the centre and wondered where to place the greeting... That done I still was not completely satisfied, and then spotted my paper piercer and after a few seconds of work it was completed.


Thanks for calling by - I love it when you leave a comment too.

4 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Maxine - this is adorable - love those little Swamp Hens - they are so cute! Your new EF is lovely and I love the brayering - you are certainly trying some differnt techniques - you go girl!! Thanks for sharing you work I love to see it!! God bless you my friend - hey, I believe I may over that way in a few months....{{{hugs}}}

jogry said...

Hi Maxine, from one Kiwi to another, I love your cards, where did you buy the pukeko,s?
My daughter gave me 3 made from ceramics to put in the garden, 2 adults and 1 chick.
Thanks for sharing,
Jogry/bali

kiwimeskreations said...

Hi jogry, the Pukeko's come from Hastings Rubber Stamps. They have a web site www.hasrub.co.nz you can buy through - their service is awesome!

Grace said...

Boy isn't that the truth about how quickly a card can change directions! When I read that you brayered on the color I thought... how clever! I always sponge it on and I get it on the bg too! Great save and I love the pretty folder and cute little hens! Such a cute card!!!