Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Building blocks

Hi to all my visitors, this will be just a quick post today as I need to go out shortly......




I made this as I needed another masculine card and I was hanging out to use my  Layers of Color Architectural Blocks stamps. 


I also wanted a card for the Our Daily Bread Designs 2nd Anniversary competition, and also the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #45, and another entry in the Crazy 4 Challenges masculine card challenge


I used a dark green base card with a light cream layer before I stamped the architectural blocks stamps on light brown cardstock in Adirondack Caramel ink.



The centre panel  is my favourite scripture, embossed in gold, distressed and sponged with Tim Holtz Tea Dye ditress ink before being mounted in dimensional foam tape.



The corners were embossed in gold on the brown card stock using a larger version of the same stamp, cut down to fit, and I then added the 'gems'.




I used the balance of the corner pieces on the inside of the card, where I also placed the sentiment.






Thanks for calling by - despite the brief entry.

Have a great day.     




8 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so rich and pretty Maxine!! I just love that verse!! Your textures and the embossing is beautiful!! Awesome take on the Favorites challenge! Thanks for joining us at ODBD Anniversary challenges.

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Maxine - I am glad I have you on my Blog List or I would have missed this - don't forget to link it to the MMSC so everyone can see it! It is a 'double delight' for me as you have LOC images - gorgeous...I especially love the way you have used the corner - this is a fabulous masculine card! Love the scripture as your main image!! I am so glad you played along this week with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, we appreciate your support and we love seeing your 'works of the heart' See you again next week! (((hugs)))
Linda MMSC Design Team

Grace said...

Maxine this is gorgeous!!! I love how you used the LOC blocks and this verse is just wonderful! This is absolutely fabulous!!!! The embossing, the tiled effect of the blocks... wow Maxine!!! Gorgeous!!!! Thanks for playing along with us ahd helping us celebrate ODBD's second anniversary!!!

Sue said...

Such pretty colors and those corners are just beautiful. And, the sentiment is lovely. Thank you for sharing your card with us this week for the MMSC. Great take on the sketch, just wonderful.

MMSC March Guest
Sue

Priscilla said...

Very pretty corners on this card..you did a lovely job working that sketch..Love the embossing and your whole take on this week sketch is wonderful. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge. I hope you like the new thumbnail players entry system.

Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Carol Hurlock said...

Maxine how very pretty. Your corners are so eye catching and very attractive. They were the very first thing I noticed on this exquisite card. Thanks for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow... I just love the sentiment that you used on this lovely creation! The gold color and dp choice are divine! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Midnight Madness.
Denise
Midnight Madness DT

Helen said...

Beautiful card! I love all the detail & embossing. It's gorgeous!
Thank you for playing along with us at SSCC!
Blessings!
~H