Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sailing away

Hello to all my cyber-friends and visitors.


I have not got into my studio for longer than I care to think, so it was wonderful to be out there this afternoon and crafting!!


I needed a masculine card (again) and this time I resorted to a sticker for the main image!!  shock horror - I prefer to stamp, but I was a bit stumped as to which image to use, and I came across this in a rummage through my 'stuff' (of which DH says I have far too much!)


I mounted it onto a white background and chalked the sky behind it.... should have done that the other way round!!, and sponged on some blue ink for the sea, and  added some white and silver pen parks for the wake of the boat.


I then mounted this onto a scrap of maroon to give it some definition against the blue background, but did not let it show across the bottom edge against the foil, which had been embossed with the d'vine swirls Cuttlebug folder.


The silver foil at the base of the embossed piece is some scraps from a punched strip - I inadvertently left some double-sided sellotape showing, so out came some silver glitter  to cover that ....  silver sand???


The mid blue card was then pierced, and the corners rounded, the sentiment embossed in silver and I then mounted it onto the dark blue.   I was not happy with the stark appearance, so turned over the template that I had used for the clouds on the white card and chalked some white clouds onto the mid-blue. Again this should have been done before adding the layers, but this craft is a journey and I am always learning.


This card 'qualifies' for two challenges : 
and




Thanks for calling bye - I do appreciate your visits and your comments.



5 comments:

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

This is such a fun creation...just love your sailboat and silver accents!!!

Sue McMahon said...

Very clever idea using your glitter cover up an oversight! Love the silver foil! Very cool!

Silke Ledlow said...

Maxine - your card is beautiful!!! I love the swirled embossing and the sweet sailboat!!!

Thank you for playing the Sketch with us!!! Hugs ~S~

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Oh, cool, Maxine! Your water effects are so creative. The metal is the perfect touch for a masculine card, which is quite the challenge! I love all the details, great card!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Maxine - it has taken me forever to get here, but I am so glad I came - this is a great masculine card!! I love the image and you have created the perfect scene! I love the chalking and that fabulous embossing! You have brought so many elements together so beautifully!! Thanks for sharing Maxine - love it! God bless you my friend! {{{hugs}}}