Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Baby Carriage

Greetings - you are most welcome, and I am so glad you visit my blog.

Today I must say that I am so glad I never had to push one of these!!


This delightful image is from today's releases by McMahon Vintage Digitals


It was coloured using a mix of mediums - sponged ink for the backgrounds, chalks, a gold pen and a Copic pen, Burnt Umber (my first attempt). 



The detail on the image is amazing - and great to work with.

The main image was mounted over a Spellbinders Paper Arts Scalloped Rectangle Nestabilitie, then onto some paper from the Prima Romantique 6x6 stack, which was sponged with Memento Desert Sand ink, then mounted onto a cream card, the edges of which was wiped along a Memento Dark Cocoa ink pad.


The bow is of a dotted chiffon ribbon, and was adhered with a glue dot and embellished with a pearl.


The sentiment is unknown and was stamped and gold embossed, and the whole finished with some Kaiser chino half pearls.

The rest of the design team has some wonderful work on display and I encourage you to visit them.

I am linking this to:

Thanks for visiting - may your day be blessed.

16 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

You have Copics - wonderful! Love the image is is stunning and coloured so beautifully! Your gorgeous bow and pearl could not be more perfect my friend! Loveing it! {{{hugs}}}

Elizabeth said...

Oh - love it!

Melisa Waldorf said...

WOW!! Beautiful card Maxine!

Unknown said...

I love this image! Maybe that's why I picked it too :-)
You've done an amazing job with the coloring.
Beautiful!!

Michele Spera said...

Beautiful job! I love the scalloped square on this :-) Thank you for joining us at Inky Impressions
Hugs
Michele S

Kary said...

This is a pretty card, Maxine!! I must say I've never seen a carriage like this but it looks very cute and functional. Love your colouring, and yay, you're starting out on Copics!! Great job!!

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

That is a pretty card :) love the bow! thanks for joining the Inky Impressions Challenge:) hope to see you return :)
hugs Ria

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

Your card is stunning and yes the details on this stamp are really amazing. Great coloring too! Thanks for joining us this week at Inky Impressions. Hope to see you back next time. Hugs Marion

Shelby Goolsby said...

This is so pretty elegant!! Thank you for joining us at Inky Impressions.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Amazing card! I love the image- I am with you- I would not wish to have to push a baby around in one of these- but it is pretty to look at! Your coloring is wonderful- love the bow and beautiful pearl accent!

Amy said...

I really like how the right side compliments the baby carriage picture in this one - the tiny dot detailing and ribbon all suit so well. Love the colours too!
Amy

Joey said...

Maxine this is beautiful I love the vintage image, thanks for joining us at inky impressions. Joey x

Sharon Basel said...

Love the vintage feel of this beautiful card. The image is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions this week. Hope to see you back again soon.

Marcea said...

Thankyou so much for your gorgeous entry for this weeks Simon Says Stamp Challenge and for helping us get over 1000 entries ......good luck!!!!
xxx

deesdesigns said...

Very pretty! I'm so glad you shared your creativity for our Happy Birthday Challenge at Aud Sentiments!

Shannah said...

They sure look bulky, don't they? But the vintage pics are sweet! Lovely card!
Hugs, Shannah xox