Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Bookworm and Petal Plucker

So do I have your attention with the title? I find I have to be careful with titles or the spammers have a ball...

My first card today uses an image that I can relate well to - a lass with her nose in a book - a constant for me when I was young.


This image is being released this week by McMahon Vintage under the title of Story Time.  I coloured the image with chalks, a soft mauve, although the camera shows it as blue, and pink.


The image was then mounted on a soft lime green card, which picked up one of the colours from the Prima Fairy Flora  design paper.

This was mounted on a doily cut (with a newly purchased die at a local Craft Fair last week) from a very pale mauve card stock.

The purple chiffon ribbon was some from my stash, and threaded through a buckle that adheres to the card.


The tassel I made from four shades of purple embroidery floss, which was then 'combed' with a needle to separate the strands to give a softer appearance.
The wee butterfly was another recent purchase.

The  second release this week is also from McMahon Vintage and is titled Mary Mary.


Again the image is coloured with chalks, with orange being the predominant colour used, and then mounted on a layer of soft orange card.


The base is a gentle lime green with a very subtle sparkle in it.  I stamped it with an Hero Arts stamp, Ivy Leaves, using Memento Cottage Ivy Ink.  


Where the images crossed, I placed a flower made with two white paper flowers wiped over a Whisper Orange ink pad, and then a Prima Fairy Rose mounted in the centre of those.

The card was finished with some piercing in the top corner.

Thanks for calling by - May your day be blessed.

10 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Beautiful Maxine! I love both images and your colouring looks lovely - the softness is such a feminine touch! LOVING the Doily Die - a great purchase - well done my friend - thank you for the inspiration! {{{hugs}}}

Shannah said...

Yay!! Hi Maxine! I finally worked out if I click on your name I can find YOUR blog! (I know... wally!) Thank you for always leaving the lovliest messages on my cards - I truly look forward to hearing from you. And I'm really happy to be able to visit you too now! :)
Your cards are so pretty! I love how you've used the chalk - it give a gentle soft colour - lovely! And that tassel is fabulous!
Hugs, Shannah xox

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

Hi Maxine. I sure do wish I could color like you. Everything you make is so beautiful and unique. Many blessings to you!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Thee are the loveliest cards, Maxine! I love the old fashioned quality, so lovely!

Donna Moore said...

Hi Maxine, I am so impressed with you chalk coloring, it has such a lovely softness to it which is perfect with both images. Your tassel is gorgeous, I am so glad I popped in and saw this, not only is it fantastic but so very elegant with this little girl! Mary, Mary is truly beautiful, such lovely colors along with your choice of paper it makes a striking card! I love visiting and so appreciate your visits to my place! Take care and many blessings!
donna

Michelle Pearson said...

oooh, love the tassle you made, the buckle and that adorable image!

I also love the piercing on the second card! Nice creations! :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

So beautiful Maxine! The softness of the chalk coloring is soooo pretty! I love the doily accent and the awesome tassel- the silver butterfly is such a great accent! The 2nd card is wonderful- I love the image- so pretty with the colors you used.

Kristine said...

Love that charm and tassel Maxine ~ very pretty in the soft chalks *Ü*

Kary said...

Gorgeous projects, Maxine!! I really like the butterfly charm with the tassel.

Unknown said...

These cards are just gorgeous Maxine. I love how you have made them look so vintage.
Alicia xx