Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bright and Beautiful

Welcome - I have been MIA for a few days as life was a bit fraught for a day or so, but has calmed down now, thankfully.

I wanted to make a card for a friend who has minimal sight, and this was the outcome.

I went for texture as well as contrast - the die cut is one I bought recently, called Italian Flourish by Cheery Lynn. I cut it out from glossy black card which I had spritzed with water and applied Opalite inks to. (Yes, the bottom of the die-cut was trimmed)


I then stamped the flower from the Simply Delightful stamp set on gold card, and the leaves from the same set with Bamboo Leaves ink onto white card and cut them out and placed them over the die cut.


I then added gold and purple glitter - the purple unfortunately looks very washed out here - and the pearl brad in the centre.


The sentiment is one of my original stamps from Kiwi Stamping. It was stamped and gold embossed and then the purple glitter applied - it shows a wee bit better here.

I am linking this to:

Thanks for calling by - may your day be blessed.


17 comments:

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

I like how the black ink applied on the doily die cut contrasts with your card's background paper and the flower image at the center.

Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!

Kath
Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

Kary said...

Hi Maxine! The is indeed a bright and cheery card!! The eye is really drawn to the flower and the beautiful doily die. Your friend is going to love the card!! {hugs}

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous card.Thanks for sharing this with us at OLL.xxx

Marlene said...

Oooh...that die cut is splendid! Your friend will love this!

Amy Johnson said...

What a fabulous idea to make a 'special' card for someone with minimal eyesight! That is so thoughtful of you! And I love your ideas!

Unknown said...

Absolutely amazing!! I love how you have put in all the texture. I bet your friend really appreciates all the trouble you have gone too.
Alicia xx

Heather said...

Very pretty card- I love the flower. Thanks for joining us at Squigglefly this week.

Elizabeth said...

Cool - is this for Phyl?

Melisa Waldorf said...

LOVE it! That die is fabulous. And I love how you used it with the flower. I have looked at the Cheery Lynn dies and wondered if they cut well with all the details. Were you able to get it out of the die easily. I seen a doily, maybe another company though. Let me know how you like them and I may just have to go ahead and give them a try.

Michelle said...

Wonderful job!! I am sure your friend will love it! How thoughtful! Thanks for joining us this week at Designed 2 Delight!!

Crystal said...

Great card, love the texture! Thanks for playing along with us over at Critter Sketch :)

Holly Young said...

beautiful card Maxine! Very thoughtful to put so much texture in it for your friend. Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

JD/ Jill said...

Great card. Your friend will love it.

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! Don't you just love Cheery Lynn Designs? Thanks for joining us at Get Hippity with Ippity. Hope to see you again.

mudmaven said...

This is just stunning! Love the colors you have chosen, they really highlight the doily. Thanks for joining us for our Pretty Doily challenge on Kaboodle Doodles. ~chris

Robin said...

Thanks so much for playing with us at Bows and Berries!
Robin

Shannah said...

What a fabulous card for someone with limited sight! The contrast and boldness is wonderful, and I'm sure your thoughtfulness was very appreciated!
Hugs, Shannah xox