Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Rose for You

Greetings and please feel most welcome - I love having you visit!!

In this post I am showcasing and other beautiful release from McMahon Vintage Digitals - simply called a Rose for You.


I chose this time to trim the image to an oval shape and then coloured it with chalks.



After colouring it was mounted on a scalloped oval. The background paper is one from a 'scrap pack' of papers I was given, and not only are the 'stars' in silver glitter, but there is a faint glitter through the whole paper, which I echoed by using Stickles on the scallops.



The flowers are two white Prima flowers coloured with chalks and stuck together before being finished with an adhesive pink half pearl.



This final feature was the ribbon and bow - the bow was tied separately and is held with a glue dot.

Here is the full image


Do please visit the other members of the design Team (listed on my right sidebar) to see the other beautiful creations from the new releases.

I am linking this to:


Thanks for calling by, and I do love it when you leave a comment. 

May your day be blessed.



11 comments:

Amy said...

This is so pretty! You are great at bows too... I struggle to get them straight.. they always end up sideways!

Polly said...

Esta muy lindo me encanta el digi, lleva mucho sentimiento.
Cariños
manualidadespolly.blogspot.com

Nannieflash said...

Beautiful image and a really gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Maxine - this is so elegant and nostalgic! I love the scalloped oval too - your card are looking wonderful my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Kristine said...

This was actually one of my favorite cards of the release! *Ü* Love your beautiful colors/coloring and your bow--pefect!

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is such a wonderful card- I like ll of the fun embellishments- the flowers, and the chalk gives the image such a nice soft look.

Tracey said...

Beautiful card Maxine, so elegant :)
Thanks for joining us at TPS & Good Luck!
Hugs
Tracey
x

Darlene said...

Fabulous creation Maxine! What a fun, vintage image and your design is perfect!
Thanks so much for joining our 'flower' challenge at The Sisterhood! I look forward to having you join us again next challenge!!

Darlene
One of the 'Sistahs'

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

Oh this is beautiful! All of your work is just so elegant Maxine.

Kary said...

Such a sweet card!! Love this image!!

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

wow,Maxine, it is simply stunning your detail is just Lovely and so fantastic, I love it. I do love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!! How creative and so beautifully done. Please take a look on my Blogspot.
Hugs from Marina.