Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Love is............

Welcome again.
 This is the second release that I have illustrated this week, and  is by 
McMahon Digital and is entitled All Things.


I wanted to use it for a masculine card, so this is a little less 'frilly' than some cards I have made.


As I wanted the image to take centre stage I printed it fairly large, and cut it with a Labels 10 die and sponged the edges with a dark gray ink.


The butterfly was painted with twinkling H2O's


The image was mounted on a lime green card that has a discrete sparkle in it, the edges were sponged with a green ink, and then that was mounted onto a dark green card stock.  The hand died seam binding ( a RAK from Lovely Linda) and the rhinestones were the final touches.

Once again I invite you to visit the other team members and see the wonderful releases there are this week - their names are linked on my side bar.

Thanks so much for visiting - may your day be blessed.

12 comments:

Carolyn King said...

Beautiful! love the quote!

Christine said...

I love your beautiful card and love this image. I use the King James version of the bible so don't use these scriptures but this one is stunning!!!

Bridget Larsen said...

very nice, you can also enter this into Sentimental Sundays
http://sentimentalsundays.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/challenge-90-lets-get-sentimental.html

Stamp with Angela said...

Love your design of your card. Great colours for a male card. Love the scripture too.

Kary said...

I LOVE this verse, Maxine! It's speaks the heart of our faith, and I LOVE how you've let it be the main focal image of the card. The butterfly is so sweet. Such a pretty card!!

Amy Johnson said...

Beautiful card! Love the butterfly!

Unknown said...

Hi Maxine, lovely card and a lovely scripture. Hope you are well. Love and God bless, Trish x

Ana Márquez said...

Those are some of my favourite verses of the Bible, dear friend. The love is the answer :-) Your piece is fantastic, as always. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Big hugs from
Vintage Collages
.

Sassy Scrapper said...

Awww honey that is the most beautiful scripture. I love the H2O that you used, very shimmery.
Hugs Bonnie

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your beautiful cars- the layout is great and I love the colors!

Bridget Larsen said...

Spellbinders is asking for desk photos, I dare you!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

So pretty Maxine. I love those H2O watercolors!