Pages

Thursday, August 17, 2023

All The Bright Colours.........

Welcome.
Thank you for taking the time to visit

The theme for this month's swap in the wee (N.Z.) group I am in was to use bright colours, "all the colours of the rainbow", but not necessarily a rainbow, or in rainbow order!"
This because of the looooong, and very wet, dull, winter we have had. 

I mulled over it for several days, and then thought my brightest colours would be an Alcohol Ink background, so that was my starting point, and I made three, and chose this one, that I realised later actually has all the colours of the rainbow present!!


I then had to figure out how to use it.... another few days later I came across this NBUS die from Simon Says Stamp and I was away - QACAS I thought - white on the background - nope, it got lost.


So out came snippets from my "one day I will use this" file, and I ended up paper piecing the petals and leaves, then coating the petals with Wink of Stella


The sentiment was a Magazine Freebie (NBUS again) stamped on a white snippet in Memento Danube Blue ink and trimmed into to double fishtail banner, and edged with the same blue.


A trimming was used for the insert decoration, all edged with the same blue ink.


The focal panel was layered over blue, which was another snippet from my file, and them mounted on the yellow.  Another trimming adorned the envelope.

I am linking this to:



19 comments:

Gerrina said...

Wow that background is super with this flower! So sunny and bright; love it! Hugs, Gerrina

Dawn T said...

simply gorgeous Maxine. I made one card but ended up not loving it - so next week another will be made and sent off. Lucky recipient of this one.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, this looks fabulous! I love the colorful background. Lovely flower, too!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Absolutely love this cheerful card Maxine, such amazing alcohol ink background and your beautiful daffodil is a delight with the sparkling inlay!!

jimlynn said...

There's nothing like bright colors to warm up a cold and dreary winter. Hoping your weather warms up soon. Love your card Maxine and all those wonderful colors. So pretty.
Lynn

Cynthia said...

Lovely colors, Maxine. The paper pieced daffodil die is yummy! The shimmer and vibrant colors are great. Thank you for sharing at Word Art Wednesday this week. Take Care!

HilaryJane said...

This is so pretty. I love it. I am glad you persevered and got there in the end. Getting stuck for inspiration to finish things happens to me all the time so it is reassuring to know it happens to others too xx

Sarn said...

This is a very cheerful and bright card using up your snippets.

Thank you for coming to play in the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND. See you on the swings later!

Julie said...

Gosh that turned out absolutely stunning Maxine! It just pops right out at you. Also it reminds me that (hopefully) spring is just around the corner. I just love the daffs so much - they give us hope after these long cold winters. Enjoy your day Maxine xx

brenda said...

A gorgeous fusion of colours Maxine, think alcohol inks were the perfect choice to achieve the vibrancy.

B x

ElizStewart said...

Maxine... your background is very colorful (and not in rainbow order!). Love the touch of Wink of Stella. Thank you for joining and sharing this week at Time Out!

Di said...

What a lovely card this is. Wonderful colours there and a great design Maxine!

Hugs
Di xx

Terri Winske said...

A very interesting and colorful background really sets off the flower. I like the Wink of Stella enhancement to the flower petals! Thanks so much for joining us this week at PIP Challenges!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I absolutely LOVE your bright and happy card, I love daffodils too! hahaha.
Faith x

Karen Letchworth said...

This is so bright, fun and colorful. I love it, Maxine. It's very eye catching and beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm so very grateful for you, Maxine.

Brenda said...

Wow Maxine, I am so loving your alcohol ink background, loving this card! You certainly do have every color of the rainbow on your card and it is just gorgeous. The daffodil is so pretty, I can imagine a white one got lost, but this one shows up perfectly with those beautiful colors. Love, love, love! Hugs, Brenda

Neet said...

Oh I do like this idea from the trim inside the card. Looks amazing!
I haven't used alcohol inks in ages but funnily enough it is the class at our club next month. Sadly I won't be going as I think the fumes of 20 members using them will be too much for me at the moment. Still suffering from the pneumonia from April.
This card has made me WANT to use my AI's and I think they will be coming out next week. At home `I can control the ventilation for myself. I love how you created every element in this card. A real winner for me.
Blessings, Neet xx

My Paper Epiphany said...

Such a beautiful background for the gorgeous Daffodil! So happy to see your card at Time Out Challenge:)

JD/ Jill said...

Love the bright colors!