Pages

Saturday, August 12, 2023

NBUS Stash Busting!

Welcome
Thank you for taking the time to visit.
I recently made a card using some relatively new purchases...


The die is Tulip Border Die1 from Paper Rose - I had seen it somewhere online and fell  in love with it.  Not always a good idea to impulse buy, as when I got it, I drew a blank as to how to use it... 
The stencil is a Uniko one, Mod Background Builder, and again I was a bit lacking in inspiration, 
but then... I looked up Paper Rose and saw a couple of samples using the die, and then spotted my stencil on my desk and creativity flowed.

I started by positioning the stencil roughly where the open parts of the die cut would sit, and inked it up trying to make the colours correspond with the die cut.  I also 'lengthened' the die to fit my card by moving it part way through inking. I also inked the edges of that panel to give a border for the top layer


After I had adhered the die cut over the base, I added Wink of Stella to the flowers - you can just see the sparkle in the left hand flower above


I added the sentiment using a stamp from the Altenew Label Love set, and popped it up on foam dots
After many false starts, I have found the best way to stamp these is repeatedly, using minimal ink each time - my Misti gets a workout with these !!


The inside was decorated using three different washi tapes 


23 comments:

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Glennis F said...

Very creative Maxine

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge.
Good luck Ginny DT for CRAFT Challenge Blog

Dawn T said...

Lovely card Maxine... the colours are so beautiful

Darlene said...

Oh Maxine, this is just gorgeous! LOVE your overall design! Don't forget we also have a stenciling challenge called Stencil Fun (link below my signature). Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Simply Clean & Simple challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Gerrina said...

So recognizeble; had that about 5 times.... :)
Good that you used it after all! Love the colours and can see why you fell in love... Enjoy the weekend!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Beautiful!! I have a few of those impulse buys myself that I don't know what to do with. I love what you did with the tulip border die you bought. Thanks for joining us this week at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Hope to see you again.

jimlynn said...

Great buy on that die. I love the stenciling behind it. Totally gorgeous!
Lynn

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A so creative and interesting design, love how you used different colours of the stencilled background to match the diecut! Thanks for sharing the idea!

aussie aNNie said...

A beautiful card and design, I love the colour combo ♥

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
DT – Val, Nan, Leigh, Cat x
https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

Sheryl said...

I really love this, the backgrouns is stunning.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gosh, what a clever first card, and your second is as beautiful. Lovely cards Maxine.
Faith x

Stevenson Q said...

Your creativity is really endless dear Maxine! I adore the window type you did on this one and shows a beautiful spray of green yellow and blue, which for me are both relaxing and energizing!

Brenda said...

I've just started learning about Paper Rose and their products. I am loving them! And speaking of loving, I love this card you have made Maxine! The tulips are so pretty but it is the stenciling that really make them fun! A great card indeed, a great CAS card! Hugs, Brenda

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! Maxine, your creativity is AMAZING, as is this gorgeous card!

HilaryJane said...

You definitely nailed it with this one. It works a treat. I often have that trouble with things I buy. Inspiration deserts when I get the new must have product in my hands - very frustrating. You definitely got it sorted this time though xx

Mariann Jakobsen said...

Beautiful card! Your background is so cool!
Hugs, Mariann

Irish Cherokee said...

I agree! Impulse buying can cause a problem with creativity. I have a bunch of things purchased that way sitting around. They eventually get used but it is tough. Love your design and use of the die cut tulips. The choice of colors is great.

Hugs and Blessings

Diane said...

Beautifully designed card!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun and Simply Clean & Simple!
Diane SF and SCAS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Neet said...

That was a clever way to use both the stencil and die cut together. It is so effective and i thought it was just one diecut but on closer looking I can see, with your explanation, what you have done. A beautiful card Maxine, I am impressed.
Blessings, Neet xx

Ellibelle said...

Another stunning design, Maxine. These colors are so beautiful!
Thank you so much for joining in again at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!!

JD/ Jill said...

Very nice! You are making me want to get my stencils out!