Pages

Friday, August 18, 2023

Masculine Balloon Mix-up

Welcome

I didn't think I would get this post up in time at one point - the kitten chewed through the Fibre Optic cable this morning, and 'killed' the internet.  
Thankfully a technician came sooner than expected, and all is now well!!

This is my card for my mid-month post for We Love Stamping August Challenge , where the optional theme this month is to make a masculine card.


I decided to have a play with mixed media, loosely following this tutorial by Lou Collins
I started with a full A4 page of mixed media paper, torn out of a book, and decided to make the one background, then split it, and make a masculine and a feminine card. 

I started using the mixed media paper. Oops, should have been the water colour paper as recommended, as the inks (mixed DI and Dox inks) didn't play nicely and I ended up with some unexpected pink tones.   

Next was a layer of stencilling using a texture paste and an Altenew stencil - I obviously didn't let the page dry long enough, and the past took the colour of the inks... 


Next step was to cut the page in half to make a background  - as it was the masculine card I was working on, I decided to leave the torn edge on for more visual texture
I then stamped the page with a random texture stamp that looked like a tyre print
I  took a stamp with some script on it, and stamped it on some scraps of white card, then die cut it using a small hexagon  die. I then edged them all with the same grey ink I had used for stamping.
Next ingredient was some Washi tape, randomly placed on the surface. 


I then stamped the balloon, fussy cut it and ran a black pen around the edge
The hexagons and balloon were mounted using foam dots.
The sentiments were from various stamp sets, stamped onto white card, trimmed out and mounted before adhering the completed panel to the black base card


The inside was finished with a trimming from the main panel


The envelope was sprayed with some blue mica spray, and the balloon stamped 'off the edge' directly onto the blue area. 
Over-all there was a lot of mixing in this card - mediums, stamp sets, inks, etc
The card was well received. 

I am linking this to:




21 comments:

brenda said...

A lovely fusion of colours for a great masculine card Maxine. We used to have a dog that was keen on cables.

B x

Cardsbymaaike said...

Gorgeous card. Perfect for anyone, not just men ;-) Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Cards Challenges

Gerrina said...

Real masculine and really beautiful! Love the colourscheme! Hugs, Gerrina

Anonymous said...

Wow, deine Karte ist wunderschön geworden. Danke dass du sie bei Paperminutes zeigst.

LG Christina

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, I really like the collage look of this card. Great job!

jimlynn said...

Maxine, I LOVE this!!! It's fun to do the mixed media sometime and I love all the details on this one. The background is fantastic and of course the hot air balloon is fun. Great masculine card. LOVE!
Lynn

Ellibelle said...

A really fabulous masculine creation Maxine. Love the design and great choice of colors! Thank you so much for playing along with us at I spy with my little eye! So great to see you joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge too!

HilaryJane said...

I really like the pink tones coming through and don't think they detract from the masculine nature of the card. The finished project looks great. Sounds like you get very good service from your internet provider. That was a speedy repair and lucky you to have fibre optics at your house. We don't have that yet xx

Carol W said...

Wow Maxine this is fabulous. Love all the detail and fun things to see on the card. Well done my friend.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous mixed media card Maxine, the whole effect looks amazing and love any detail!!

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous! the colours and detail of your design is striking! ♥

Irish Cherokee said...

Using mixed media of all sorts can be fun even with the mistakes. The unexpected results can be better than the planned ones. The results here are great. Love what you did.

Hugs and Blessings

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! My goodness, what an amazing result from your mixed media, you really have made a fabulous card.
Faith x

Brenda said...

I LOVE how this mixed media card came out Maxine!!! It looks amazing and very masculine. The edge at the top-genius keeping that on as it is visually very appealing! Love the tire tread looking stamp and love the colors you used. The washi tape was a great idea too, wish I had thought of using some myself. Love how you did your sentiments too. The hot air balloon is right at home on this mixed media base! Love, love, love how it all came together and how fun that the enveloped is dressed up too! Hugs, Brenda

KraftyKoolKat said...

Love this fabulous balloon creation, love the colour palette as well.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Pauline C said...

Fabulous masculine card Maxine, and brilliant use of all those mixed media techniques. Thanks so much for joining in with Ellie's "I Spy" challenge theme of "Something For Boys or Men"
Pauline xx

Neet said...

What a great card this is Maxine. I love the sentiments used, especially the 'one of a kind' which I might use myself in the future if you don't mind.
Love the topic of hot air balloons and as I have two male birthdays coming up I might just have to dig into my stash as I am sure i have one somewhere. See how much I like your card, I am stealing ideas left right and centre.
Blessings, Neet xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a super masculine card, love those layers another idea stealer here, I so struggle with cards for the boys/men. Thanks so much for sharing @ Creative Artiste, best of luck in our August Challenge.
Tracey (DT)

Donna Walls said...

I was afraid you were going to say the kitten was hurt, thank goodness it was just the cable. Your mixed media masculine birthday card is handsome and the colors are perfect. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Катерина Pioniya said...

Great man's card! love your design!
Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday Card Challenge - Pioniya, DT

JD/ Jill said...

Great masculine card!