This card was made for my New Zealand swap group, where the challenge this month was to make a black and white card, with a pop of colour, and this video by Natasha Foote was the the technique inspiration....
I made this earlier this month while still at my friends place, but could not share it until it had been received by my swap partner.
My original idea didn't work, so I chopped up the piece of card I had been using, turned it over and used Black Soot DI through a stencil that had four sizes of stars on it - I only used three sizes.
Placed on the white card, they looked absolutely chaotic initially, then I wiped the edges of the pieces over the ink pad, and it calmed it down and made it way more appealing.
My pop of colour started with the flower die cut, sprayed with firelight TH mica spray.
Next came the button, which I threaded two strands of pearle cotton through, then tied a bow.
There was a void at the base of the flower, so I added three gold rhinestones which finished it nicely.
The finished panel was mounted onto a white card, that I had made a border on by using the direct to card technique with the Black Soot ink.
I finished the inside with a thin strip of gold washi tape - unfortunately the camera did not pick up the true colour or sparkle.
I am linking this to: